Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cooking With My Father


If I could travel to any destination in the world right now, I would choose Thailand.  The levels of patience and tolerance in the culture impress  me. There way of life  is simplistic, moderate, resourceful.  Typically in Thai cuisine they blend sweet, spice, sour, bitter and salt.  This is a powerful blend of flavors that  I always try to embrace on a personal level because of the beliefs and culture my father gave me, bringing me up in the Florida Keys

So today I'm blending my love for seafood, and bold Thai flavors, deep rooted and instilled with my father's style of life. I'm using shrimp with a mixture of seasonal and year round ingredients to influence and create a dish based on pieces of my heart.

I start by pre steaming some brown rice, than let it cool while I sauté my vegetables. Then I add my shrimp and cooled rice and continue to sauté, finally adding some farm fresh eggs and my lemon,orange, honey firecracker sauce, until the eggs are cooked through.   I personally love the depth of this dish it has its own flare and style but has the essence of Thailand layered in every bite.



Live Free Eat Free
Chef Jacob Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment