Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Harvest Brainstorm

     Four days from today is the official first day of fall. To many,  it's the best season ever. To me: Ehhh.  It's a toss up between autumn breezes and sandy beaches.  There is almost nothing more inspiring than color schemes painted across a autumn sky or contrasting in the sunlight.  Man some days are filled with this beauty that life's warp speed sometimes makes it to difficult to see.  It doesn't mean that it's not there though.  I awoke today energetic, creative, and with so much  inspiration.  Then I went outside to a overcast Miami morning with a light drizzle.  Still holding on to my feelings and harvesting them with a goal of fruition, I began constructing this mash up of summer and fall, intertwining some type of seasonal intercourse in my mind with Ice Cubes, Today Was A Good Day. 

     So It started with  sweet potatoes cut into wedges, seasoned with sea salt and white pepper.  I wrapped them in bacon and roasted them to the point of a nasal orgasm. My sight still set on vibrance, I went with a fresh herb chimichurri to brush my canvas with. I decided to add more pork for no other reason than, well, why the hell not add thinly sliced, lightly glazed ham hitting every pocket of the flavor profile. 

     The layers of honesty and truth pulled from a thought and transformed into a visual can be a scary thing, especially because people know how "disturbed" chefs can be.  Right?  Everyone's a little lost traveling on this journey trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents and flip that same dollar into a dream.  I'm living mine and posting it. Every moment's a new season for me.  Stay up world!  Food is life food is love.  Thank you for the inspiring moments and support, stay tuned for new blogs and upcoming events.  #cutthroatculinaryfl 

No comments:

Post a Comment