Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wedding Cake



Today i am going to discuss the wedding cake i prepared for when Amy and I got married. It was a small reception where i catered the whole thing it was very island themed we had Jerked Chicken, Coconut Rice, Pineapple Mango Salsa, and lastly a Dark chocolate raspberry filled cake. Most bakers will go the extraordinary route and make a simple syrup with a raspberry liqueur to accentuate the flavors and taste. I did something a little different in place of that step I took my chocolate cake round sliced it in half than I spread raspberry preserves throughout the middle to form the same texture as the syrup mixture to hold the whole raspberries in place as i put the cake back together before icing. By replacing the steps of creating the mixture i saved a little time and kept the same flavorful taste to the palate, it was a great experience and cant wait to make it every year on our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment