Monday, August 27, 2012

End Of Summer Soup



Well the kids are back to school, which means for me the summer is over. So today I decided to say farewell with my ode to the dog days! I went into my cooler and thought refreshing. I grabbed fresh berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, And Raspberries) and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. I washed the berries thoroughly, added to my pot with the Sauvignon Blanc  and a few drizzles of honey and grated ginger and let them meld together over a slow simmer. Then removed the pot from the heat and emulsified until smooth. You can feel free to add a cup of plain or vanilla yogurt to add a different texture in the last step. I plated it in a bowl with fresh berries and zest for garnish, though playing with plating using a shot glass or goblet could work just as well! I'm gonna miss the summer air, and the cool/chilled dishes as the one I made today.
But the fall brings a different variety of dishes that I can't wait to unleash for your viewing pleasure! Stay tuned for more dishes and blogs this week as well as video. Subscribe at jjacecatering on YouTube  and Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment