Tuesday, August 14, 2012




Nowadays mixologists are the buzz, creating fun ways to pair booze with cuisine.  They are inseparable; adding alcohol with cooking is a technique to utilize natural and added flavors. This is true whether it be sauces, marinades, braising liquids, down to the saute' methods. I personally love the pairing in the dessert course for numerous reasons.  It's a wake up of refreshments after a meal adding flare to the composition.
Layers of complexity, the smoothness, the desire of the food, it's the perfect balance of sweet and savory aspects! So today I wanted to make banana fritters with a whiskey sauce. I wanted to be playful and use great bold flavors as my inner mixologist comes out of the darkness to create a refreshing dessert with my new mantra, alcohol=flavor. Everyday I enjoy the creation and melding of flavors. It's education at its finest and I encourage everyone to try it.
So as I leave for the day I say cheers and salutations my friends. Thanks for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment