Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lunch with my sister in law:


I have been reading about the resurgence of the "whole beast," head to tail cooking.  Some say it's dead but I personally don't think so.  Pigs feet is something I've wanted to experiment with for some time. So all week I've been telling my sister-in-law  "It's pigs feet ravioli for lunch one day!"  That day was today.  

I started the braising process yesterday, light seasoning and low and slow cooking. Pulled and diced it up mixing it with blue cheese crumbles.  Then I rolled out my pasta dough, cut out circles and filled them with the mixture, folded them over  and pinched them shut while I brought my lightly salted water to a boil.  I cooked them off for roughly 5-7 minutes than drained them well.  I then started my sauté and sauce with spinach,mushrooms, diced onions as tomatoes. I added some merlot and a knob of butter and slow simmered and cooked out and melded the flavors.  I added the ravioli to the pan and sautéed till well mixed.  Garnished with some fresh shredded fontina. 

 Most of you are probably thinking he must hate his sister-in-law , but it's the complete opposite.  She is an adventurous eater like myself. It's just me sharing my passion to the people I love.  Good eats world, and stay tuned for more blogs, updates and events! Food is love, buy local, eat local, an don't be afraid to use the whole animal! 

Chef Jacob 

No comments:

Post a Comment