Monday, January 24, 2011

WINTER CHOPPED


If you don't already know, I am a huge fan of the show CHOPPED! I love the creativity and I frequently test my own skills at home with the help from my wife and friends on our company's Facebook page. They are my basket and pick ingredients for me to use. This winter I had red currant jelly, butternut squash, and scallops. I decided to cut the squash in 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick circles coated with my favorite sea salt pepper and dredged in flour and some Greek seasoning, and pan fried till crispy. While in my sauce pan I made a glaze with red currant jelly, red wine and a dash of honey to balance the tartness. While that was cooking down I Got some oil hot in my saute pan and used my special seasoning for seafood tossed my scallops and gave them a quick cook. Then took the fried squash and topped it with the scallops and finished with the glaze over top. It was fun to experiment with such great bold flavors. This would be a great appetizer at any dinner party. Hope you enjoy! Take care till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment