Monday, January 24, 2011


Originally written on 1/9/11
I view food and cooking as passion filled inspiration, so in the kitchen the other day I went with my instincts. I started with a steak sirloin marinated with some light extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and coarse black pepper. I set that aside and started my steamed white rice. Then placed the marinated steak in a hot grill pan to seal the juices, grilling it on each side for 4-5 minutes. While that was going, I started a Demi glacé, with some shaved fresh Ginger and minimal Ginger powder, soy sauce and toasted sesame for added flavor. Letting that simmer I finished off the steak and did a quick saute of mixed broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas and celery, sliced the steal diagonally.
Finished plating with the sauce drizzled and ladled onto the plate. Creativeness is a staple in today's kitchen. I stand by it and always will. It's got to be passion from the heart to the fork! Take care and stay tuned for more dishes to enhance your foodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment